Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Working From Home: Day 2

Day 2 of my self-imposed exile, working from home. I still feel the same, just more refreshed. So far, I still wake up at the same time every morning and go through my usual routine.

Without realizing it, all these years I've spent making this home a comfortable, livable environment have also made it an ideal place to work. I have regained control of my environment, and have slowly been stricken with this sense of entitlement, loudly making declarations like, "I am king of the castle!" and "I should always be able to send all emails in my underwear!" Note to self: do not video Skype my calls.

In a short time, I've come to these realizations:
- I get more things done
- I am able to perform more tasks
- My head is clearer, with less time spent using the online thesaurus
- Daytime TV sucks
- Bob Barker was better host of the Price is Right
- Risperdal can cause boys to grow large breasts
- Ed Asner is still alive

Because of this, I have chosen to keep the TV off.

I do see why people love to work from home. I can make myself meals while finishing an email. I can do work in our database and catch up on shows I DVRed. Too bad this isn't a permanent situation, but I'll take it when I can.




No comments: